Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brian's last meal.....banana cake






My husband LOVES banana cake. In fact, at our wedding we had banana nut cupcakes in addition to our wedding cake and groom's cake! So when my sis-in-law, Tracie, e-mailed me this recipe, I knew I had to try it. Of course, after I tried it I knew that I had to share it with ya'll!!


BANANA PUDDING BUNDT CAKE



Cake:

1 (18.5ounce) yellow cake mix


(3.5 ounce) instant banana pudding


4 eggs


1 C water


1/4 C vegetable oil


3/4 C mashed bananas




Glaze:

2 C powdered sugar


2TBS milk


1 dash vanilla


1/2 C chopped walnuts (I used pecans)


I also added cinnamon 'cuz that's how I roll!


Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil, and mashed bananas. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl and beat 4 minutes on medium. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until cake is tested done. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then put on a wire cool rack and cool completely. To make glaze: in a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. When cake has cooled drizzle icing over the cake and add nuts.


This recipe is verrry good and very moist! Just ask my hubby....this is all that is left and I only had one piece!!

Now that one little lone piece is going down the garbage disposal because Brian and I started Weight Watchers today! Now he will have to enjoy his banana cake without the cake!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG....as a twirl 3 times and die. You know honestly I only would have twirled twice, however that bit of cinnamon you added compelled that third and deadly twirl. Lord help me Hayseuus. That looks incredible. Maybe as incredible as those Margarita Cupcakes you talked about a while ago.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMM,banana cake is one of my fav's! I cannot wait to try it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete